Signups for early winter season (November/December) are open—register now!
What does it cost?
Here’s what it costs for a vegetable share (which includes lots of fresh, organic veggies from Sang Lee Farms on Long Island):
- $155 for 5 weeks ($31/week)
We’re also offering several optional add-on shares:
- Apple share: $40 for 5 weeks ($8/week)
- Cider share: $40 for 5 weeks ($8/week)
- Cheese share: $50 for 5 weeks ($10.71/week)
- Soup share: $65 for 5 weeks ($13/week)
For more information about what a typical share looks like, check out some of last year’s harvest lists.
How do I sign up?
- Step 1: Fill out the online registration form (takes about 3 minutes)
- Step 2: Add up the amount you owe based on the shares you’ve signed up for, and write a check to cover the total (made out to Dumbo/Vinegar Hill CSA).
- Step 3: Mail your check or leave it with the doorman at the following address by October 31.
1 Main Street, #5G
Brooklyn NY 11201
We must have all payments in hand by October 31 so that Fred can confirm his numbers for the season. If we don’t have your payment by the 31st, we’ll put you on a wait list, and we cannot guarantee any additional spots.
Fish from Village Fishmonger
All fish shares are purchased and managed directly through Village Fishmonger, with pickups in the same time and place as the vegetable deliveries.
Stay tuned for more information about signups.
Frozen shares from Winter Sun Farms
Frozen food shares are purchased and managed directly through Winter Sun Farms. There will be only three deliveries, arranged to coincide with vegetable pickups: November 25, December 9 and December 16.
This season, Winter Sun Farms will offer a full (35 item in total) winter share. Please visit their website to sign up.
How do I get my shares?
Pickup is at the Phoenix House on 50 Jay Street on Tuesday evenings from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. from November 25th through December 23rd.
Are there any other requirements?
Yes—we require every member of the CSA to contribute one volunteer shift over the course of the season (approximately 2 hours total). We’ll connect with members in the coming weeks with details about signing up.
Volunteering is a very important part of keeping our CSA running smoothly, and it’s a great way to get to know your neighbors and fellow veggie lovers. If you have concerns about your ability to fulfill the volunteer requirement, please get in touch with us, and we’ll see if we can work something out.